https://www.youroutsourcesolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/enfold-template-logo_600x200b.png 0 0 Linda Belan https://www.youroutsourcesolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/enfold-template-logo_600x200b.png Linda Belan2011-03-22 09:26:042011-03-22 09:26:04Teleseminar Series: What Can Teleseminars Do for You?
From the day the first caveman tried to convince his cohorts how great saber-tooth tiger tasted once it had been cooked over a fire, humans have been “selling” their ideas to each other. The practice of sharing with and educating others hasn't changed. We just have a whole lot more options when it comes to choosing the medium.
With the ready availability of low-cost (or no-cost) long-distance service and conference call lines, teleseminars have become increasingly popular. Instead of spending thousands of dollars traveling to give an in-person presentation, you can meet your customers and prospects right where they are, without even having to change out of your pajamas. Here's what you can do with teleseminars:
- Introduce new products
- Get known in a new market — and get to know that market in turn
- Explain how a product or service works
- Interview experts and share their knowledge with your audience
- Answer questions about your area of expertise
In addition, teleseminars can help you do the following:
- Sell more. By presenting a sales presentation over the phone, you offer much more interactivity and a stronger personal connection than you can through a website or direct mail piece.
- Create products. The calls themselves can be turned into products or classes. You can sell access to your live events, or you can record them and sell them later as CDs or audio downloads. And that's just for starters.
- Get to know your audience. Being able to interact with your audience in real time allows an unprecedented level of market research, right in the moment.
- Establish yourself. If you interview experts in your area, you will quickly be seen as an expert by association.
- Build your list. Teleseminars are popular ways to introduce yourself to a new market. It's easy to invite people to your free events — and as they sign up, they become part of your list.
- Create trust. Trust is crucial when you want to do business online. And one of the best ways to build trust with your audience is to interact with them directly. As they hear your voice live on the call — and as they ask questions and get answers right then and there — you become "real" to them and they'll be able to bond with you. This is something that's much harder to accomplish through sales letters and emails.
But what about skills? Don't you have to have some kind of “chops” to host a teleseminar? Stop wondering! If you have enough experience to start a business, you have enough experience to produce and host a teleseminar. In my next blog post I'll show you how.