Working with a JV partner on a new class? Editing a document for a client and have some questions? Co-authoring an ebook or course? You could take turns working on a Word document, relying on the “show edits” function to keep track of what's going on. But what if your partner loses the file? Or if you both want to work at the same time? Or if you want to be able to annotate your additions and changes? Then you need a collaboration tool so you can work with your partners quickly and easily. When choosing a collaboration tool, you want to ask yourself these questions:
- Do I want a free or a paid solution?
- How many people will I be working with?
- Will we be working together for a one-time project, or on an ongoing basis?
- Are we brainstorming, writing, or creating another sort of project?
- What programs will we be using?
- Will we be working simultaneously?