Sending email attachments has certainly evolved from the days when anything over a few megabytes clogged up the phone line and was rejected by AOL and Earthlink. But even with the advent of high-speed internet, sending large files can still bog down your email service. Add to that the concerns over security and you may be in the market for a safe file transfer solution.
- Do I want a free service, or do I mind paying? Free services may be more limited in size of files, storage, or number of users.
- How secure a service do I need?
- How large are the files I'm sharing?
- Am I sharing with the same people over and over, or am I constantly sending files to new people?
- How easy is it to download and upload the files?
- How dependable is the service?
- Will the site store my files? If so, how much storage space will I have, and how long will they store them?